- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper.
- Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
- Live with the 3 E’s - Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy.
- Play more games.
- Read more books than you did last year.
- Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Reflect. Meditate.
- Sleep for 7 hours.
- Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
- Don’t have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
- Don’t over do. Keep your limits.
- Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
- Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.
- Dream more while you are awake.
- Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
- Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner with his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others.
- Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
- Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
- Smile and laugh more.
- You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
- Call your family often.
- Each day give something good to others.
- Forgive everyone for everything.
- Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
- Try to make at least three people smile each day.
- What other people think of you is none of your business.
- Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
- Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
- No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
- The best is yet to come.
- Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.
- The less you have, the more you see.
"Colds are awesome, because when you wake up in the morning, and the cold has disappeared, you realize how great it is to feel great, and the world is just waiting for you to spin it fast and fun."-AB
I'm always happy to hear about new gyms opening up because the demand for it goes to show that more people want to be active and stay in shape. Jatomi Fitness at Tropicana City Mall (Malaysia) popped up not too long ago and I was the host at their official opening. Besides providing new and advanced equipments such as the Queenax and Curve treadmills (used in astronaut training by NASA and help users burn up to 30% more calories than conventional treadmills), it also features 3 distinct studios - "Mind", "Body" and "Energy" which is specially designed, dedicated areas for yoga and pilates, group exercise and spin classes respectively.
Jatomi Fitness instructors run 4 new training routines for gym floor users free of charge on a weekly basis, to encourage and challenge members. I hear they also give fitness talks to get you motivated in of the studios which makes it quite unique and different than other gyms I've been to. Worth checking out!
"Some days you will feel awful. Get up. Nothing is more satisfying than beating your own bad attitude. "
I've been seeing a lot of these "Shit ___ Say" videos on YouTube and some are pretty damn hilarious. The first one I saw was "Shit Girls Say". And then there's "Shit Asian Girls Say"... Check out the rest on YouTube yourself but THIS ONE you definitely gotta watch... Some of the quotes are pretty dead on.
"I think I need somemore cardio."
"So, what do I have to eat to lose weight?"
"I feel like this is making me bulkier!"
"How many calories should I eat?"
"I'll just do somemore cardio and I'll BURN IT OFF."
"Push ups? NOO aahhh."
"I'm like getting fatter. And then getting bulkier? And like, I exercise and eating healthier but like, nothing is happening."
Remember: THE GYM is the easy part. THE DIET is what separates the men from the boys and the shredded from the stoned. Abs are made in the kitchen.
I sewed my whole outfit together and even made this MULTIPASS!
What did you dress up as for Halloween?
Here's a motivating quote to get you started this week!
For me, today's agenda is pretty simple. I'm going to step it up a notch this week so I'm splitting my cardio into 2 sessions - 30 minutes in the morning for cardio and 60 minutes in the afternoon for lifting.
So here's the plan before I start off...
1. 1st breakfast - Green tea and a scoop of oats & Weetabix
2. 30 mins cardio
3. 2nd breakfast - 2 hard boiled eggs - whites only
4. Photo/video shoot at the gym
5. 60 minutes weight training
6. Lunch - baked salmon + broccoli for lunch
7. Head to the supermarket + prepare meals for this week
8. 2nd lunch - 2 hard boiled eggs - whites only
9. Dinner - grilled chicken + spinach
10. Plan tomorrow's workout... Make sure I'm in bed by 1.30am.
Even if you can't physically see the results in front of you, every single effort is changing your body from the inside. Never get discouraged! Everything you do counts. So get out there & start sweatin'!
Who is she?
Be the girl you were too lazy to be yesterday.
Or be a man.
Suffer the pain of DISCIPLINE or the pain of REGRET.