1. Keep a bottle of water by your bedside table. Make sure to Drink Up When You Wake Up. Your body loses water while you sleep, so you’re naturally dehydrated in the morning. A glass of water when you wake helps start your day fresh.
2. Define your Top 3 – Every morning ask yourself, “What are the top 3 most important tasks that I WILL complete today?” Prioritize your day accordingly and don’t sleep until the Top 3 are complete.
3. The 50/10 Rule. Solo-task and do more faster by working in 50/10 increments. Use a timer to work for 50 minutes on only one important task with 10 minute breaks in between. Spend your 10 minutes getting away from your desk, going outside, calling friends, meditating or grabbing a glass of water. Take a moment for yourself, quite simply.
4. Move and sweat daily. Regular movement keeps us healthy and alert. It boosts energy and mood, and relieves stress.
5. Express gratitude. Gratitude fosters happiness. Each morning, perhaps while on the way to work (or in the shower!), think of at least 5 things you’re thankful for. Write it down on a notepad or your phone. In times of stress, pause and reflect on these things.
6. Reflect daily. Bring closure to your day through 10 minutes of reflection. Ask yourself, “What went well?” and “What needs improvement?” I often think about this right before I tuck into bed.
Sometimes it’s easy to feel bad when you’re going through a tough time in life. However, remember no matter how bad your situation may seem, there are tens of thousands of things to be grateful for in life.